IRS is committed to promoting equality. We assess the credentials of our suppliers, partners and any supply chain in accordance with the 2006 Public Contract Regulations and the 2010 Equalities Act.
As a consequence, IRS monitor equality and diversity within our supply chain through assessing our suppliers’ engagement, activity and compliance with the 2010 Equalities Act. Also, we evaluate our supply chain in accordance with the values and ethos of the NHS and public bodies as well as appreciating the United Nations Global Compact Labour principles. We do this by:
- Ensuring every employee is entitled to a working environment which promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment is tolerated
- Maintaining appropriate recruitment, employment and promotion practices and procedures
- Providing training opportunities for staff
- Ensuring equal access and awareness of our complaints processes and procedures
- Providing information on our services, policies and practices in a reasonable variety of appropriate formats to avoid exclusion or discrimination against any group or individual
- Ensuring through training and raising awareness so that all staff are familiar with the principles, practices and policies relating to equal opportunities