IRS has a team of highly experienced MPEs, who can help you to fulfil all requirements of IRMER2000. All our MPEs are recognised as Clinical Scientists by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), who regulate standards of professional support to healthcare.
IRS MPEs are available for consultation by telephone, fax, video conference, email or pre-arranged visit at any timeduring normal working hours (Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm). After hours service can also be provided, if required.
IRS, as your MPE, will help you with:
- Consultation and audit in all aspects of the implementation and compliance with IRMER2000, including:
- Schedule 1 procedures and others where applicable,
- Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC),
- Education and Training Programmes,
- Measurement and Maintenance of Diagnostic Reference Levels (DRLs),
- Equipment Inventories,
- Audit of written procedures,
- Optimisation, including patient dosimetry and quality assurance,
- Acceptance testing and routine performance checks of all X-Ray imaging equipment encountered in diagnostic radiology , including Computed Tomography (CT) and Tomosynthesis),
- Accepance testing and routine performance of Gamma Camera and multi-modality (hybrid) systems e.g. PET/CT,
- Acceptance testing of intra-oral, OPG and cone-beam dental CT (CBCT) units,
- Acceptance testing and routine performance testing of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI),
- Advice on all matters relating to radiation protection concerning medical exposure.
- Assessment of patient dose, the establishment of local and regional DRLs and comparison against national DRLs.
- Automatic assessment of image quality from test phantoms utilising both locally developed techniques and established software such as IQ Works.
- Provision of bespoke patient dose and quality assurance data management systems (QADRIS).