IRS are delighted to be hosting our 33rd annual Radiation Protection Supervisor’s course at the Jurys Inn, Liverpool Waterfront between 25th and 27th March.
The course is designed specifically to help our customers fulfil the requirements of Regulation 17 of the Ionising Radiations Regulations of 1999 in respect of the suitable appointment of Radiation Protection Supervisors (RPSs). Equally, under Regulation 14, RPSs should receive appropriate training in order to fulfil the task adequately.
The IRS course ensures that an RPS knows and understands:
- Background science to radiation protection including risk,
- Relevant regulations and guidance documents,
- Practical implementation strategies.
Our comprehensive lecture programme, provided by experts in the field of radiation protection in medicine, is supported by case studies where participants are able to assess and produce practical solutions for common radiation protection problems. The case studies encourage participants to share their own experiences and knowledge in order to generate a collective learning experience. This approach helps to develop the confidence to deal with radiation protection issues within their own work environment, as well as provide a body of appropriate background knowledge and information to help support future actions.
The IRS RPS course is the longest running course of its type in the world, with a proud heritage. IRS wishes all our customers currently attending the course a fantastic time visiting Liverpool’s waterfront. We hope to see you again in the future!
If you would like more information on the wide range of educational and training courses that IRS delivers, including our bespoke course designer service, please contact email@example.com, or visit our Education and Training page.
Latest posts by James Moores (see all)
- IRS achieves BS 8555 environmental standard - October 27, 2014
- QADRIS – Empowered Compliance in Patient Dose - March 26, 2014
- The 33rd IRS Radiation Protection Supervisors Course - March 26, 2014
- Presentation – Patients Sent to Other Hospitals Following the Administration of Therapeutic Radioiodine - March 5, 2014
- IRS Sponsor a Tough Mudder - December 11, 2013