IRS staff, in conjunction with radiographers from St Helens & Knowsley NHS Trust and Mid Yorks NHS Trust, have submitted a piece of work on optimisation to the International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine. To be held in Varna, Bulgaria 30th May to 4th June later this year. (click here for further details).
The work looks at establishment of DRLs for examinations by clinical indication rather than body part examined, specifically looking at two examination; CT Head and plain film Chest. It is hoped that the outcome of this work will convince radiography staff and medical physics staff that reference levels should be specific to a clinical task rather than a generic body part for a standard patient.
Latest posts by Paul Charnock (see all)
- Beyond IPEM 91 - December 16, 2014
- Abstract accepted for the International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine - March 25, 2014
- IRS presenting at IPEM conference on CT Optimisation - March 6, 2014
- Paul Charnock Update 3 - August 5, 2013
- Paul Charnock Update 2 - August 2, 2013