IRS is both proud and delighted to have successfully achieved certification under the BS 8555 (ACORN) environmental standard.
Since IRS’s formation in the mid 1980’s, the Company has always sought to operate in an ethical, sustainable and environmentally conscious manner, forging strong ties to the local community, schools and apprenticeship organisations.
The Directors view formal accreditation of our Environmental Management System as a fantastic marker of IRS’s growth and development over the years and an important foundation for enhanced commercial innovation.
Our vision is to provide high quality services that fully accommodate the changing knowledge, information and technological requirements of medical imaging and other practices that employ ionising radiation. We believe we are pioneers in our field. As such, it is our duty to conduct business in a responsible manner, taking action against the stark environmental challenges facing all companies worldwide.
Speaking of the accreditation, IRS Director Mike Moores says:
Effective management of our environment for the long term benefit of mankind is everyone’s responsibility and our BS 8555 accreditation demonstrates our belief that environmental sustainability must begin ‘at home’.
IRS is committed to a commercial development programme that places such ethical considerations at the forefront of its core values.
Latest posts by James Moores (see all)
- IRS achieves BS 8555 environmental standard - October 27, 2014
- QADRIS – Empowered Compliance in Patient Dose - March 26, 2014
- The 33rd IRS Radiation Protection Supervisors Course - March 26, 2014
- Presentation – Patients Sent to Other Hospitals Following the Administration of Therapeutic Radioiodine - March 5, 2014
- IRS Sponsor a Tough Mudder - December 11, 2013