This week has been mainly dose audits & survey reports. Challenge to ensure a dose audit is communicated to staff so tried printable front page table to go in each room. Having discussed this with one site they seem very keen on this.
Friday was commissioning and acceptance of a new dental CBCT. Only second in country. System was very easy to use but as volume is small, quite difficult to set up and get chamber in isocentre. However once positioning was obtained, dose seems very low compared to other units. Displayed DAP was 213 mGycm2, compared to HPA recommendation of 250 mGycm2. Staff excited to begin using it.
Latest posts by Paul Charnock (see all)
- Beyond IPEM 91 - December 16, 2014
- Abstract accepted for the International Conference on Radiation Protection in Medicine - March 25, 2014
- IRS presenting at IPEM conference on CT Optimisation - March 6, 2014
- Paul Charnock Update 3 - August 5, 2013
- Paul Charnock Update 2 - August 2, 2013